Folks have repeatedly asked me about it, so here’s another way to make curry wurst. Let’s call it the “brat booth way”, because one place (which you would nowadays call a food truck around here) sold them pretty much in this fashion in my home town. I told you – every spot has their own “original” recipe.
The main difference to what I posted for the M-Day BBQ is that this is made with kielbasa and ketchup for the main sauce ingredient – and closer to what I am used to in terms of German (pub) grub, even if we wouldn’t use kielbasa in a dish like this.
Do you like kielbasa? In what kind of a dish?
- 1 package of kielbasa, skinless (397 g or about 4 sausages)
- 454 g (1 lb) ketchup
- 100 g cherry juice
- 50 g Frank’s Hot Sauce or Tabasco
- 10 g garlic powder
- 10 g curry
- Cut up and pan-fry the kielbasa.
- Combine all other ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the kielbasa.
- Remove from heat and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a side of French fries and sprinkled with curry powder.